We stand out from the crowd
Hands down, the best insulated bags on the market.
How our advanced insulation technology works:
Cold Test Comparison
Double the performance with American Bag.
Did you know?
Frozen food warmer than 10ºF (12ºC) should be discarded or promptly prepared for service. Never refreeze raw meat, poultry, or seafood! Prevent defrosting by using American Bag thermal bags immediately upon purchasing temperature sensitive foods.
Hot Test Comparison
Keep items warmer longer with American Bag.
Did you know?
Cooked food should be kept hot until served. Leaving food at room temperature or less than 140ºF (60ºC) for more than 2 hours (including preparation time) is one of the most common causes of foodborne illness.
Prevent spoiling by using American Bag thermal bags for hot foods.
Our bags can hold hot items up to 180ºF.
More reasons to choose American Bag.
Our unique German technology allows us to create insulated bags made entirely of recyclable polyethylene, without foam, PET, mylar, or styrofoam. This technique uses the least amount of raw materials in the manufacturing process thus resulting in the smallest carbon footprint.
- Every bag we make is 100% recyclable.
- The entire bag, including the handle, is recyclable as one unit.
- Other insulated bags cannot be recycled.
- Although components of the bags may be recyclable, they cannot be recycled together.
- Fully automated manufacturing plant.
- Very low defective rate (less than 0.5%).
- Unique technology to construct bags entirely out of polyethylene resulting in fully recyclable thermal bags of the highest quality.
- Production is not fully automated.
- Higher defective rate in production, due to human error.
- Use materials such as foam, PET, mylar, and/or styrofoam, which are not recyclable, and therefore result in a lot of landfill waste.
- All printing is done on the inside of a clear polyethylene film, protecting artwork from smearing, fading, staining and damage.
- Brilliant 8 color flexo print that creates a vivid, crisp and photo-like image.
- Graphics are printed on the outside of the bag so artwork can smear or be damaged. Inks may fade or discolor over time.
- Since printing is done directly on the bag, images are of lesser quality and do not appear photo-like.
- Bags fold completely flat which makes them easy to ship, store and merchandise.
- Thin enough to fit on any clip strip or hook and do not require any shelf space.
- Customers love it because they can keep a few bags in the trunk of their car without sacrificing any space.
- Bags are bulky and on average require at least twice as much space to store and merchandise.
- Usually too bulky for clip strips or hooks.
- Inconvenient for customers to keep in the trunk of their car because too much space is occupied.
- 100% food safe due to fully automated production.
- Superior performance means foods and other items will remain in safe temperatures longer.
- Interior is a complete film without sewn seams or a material that has pockets, which could harbor or support bacterial growth.
- Food safety is questionable as production includes manual labor, creating the likelihood of transferring hair, skin-cells, or other body fluids onto products.
- Bags can have seams or a material that has pockets in which bacteria can lodge and grow.
- Inferior performance means foods and other items are unable to retain temperatures adequately.
All our insulated bags
meet or exceed reusable bag standards
including California ordinances.
- Do not contain BPA, lead, cadmium or any other toxic metals
- Made from material that can easily be cleaned and/or disinfected
- Bag handles specifically designed and manufactured for multiple reuse
- Ability to carry 22 pounds 125 times over a distance of at least 175 feet
- Bag thickness of 57.15 micrometers or more